Aug 5, 2010

Q2 - QA Team Building Party @Nagarkot (Paradise inn)

Source :Everestuncensored

TitleQ2-QA Team Building
DateJuly 23-24, 2010
LocationNagarkot - Paradise Inn
ParticipantsR&D QA
CaptionsTeam

Amit Baral recollects: 
I was so happy because I got the chance to join the Team Building Party within some weeks at D2. Many of our team members have already departed for the destination in van but I along with some of my cluster members were going on a bike. It was so much fun in the way driving in the Spiral road of Nagarkot. As soon as we joined the team in the hotel, it was time for snacks and drinks. We all enjoyed it. Then we played musical ball game. It was so exciting and I became able to stand in 4th position that allowed me to win a cubical magic game box. As I was enjoying with friends in that cold weather, I came to know that new comer need to introduce themselves and must show a talent. My mind feels like blank. I try to think what to do and I thought to share a nice joke will be a good idea but didn’t remember any joke. When it was my turn, I just remember a joke and a question associated with it. I have thought nobody will know the answer and can pass some time in it but my dreams shattered when Binita Di immediately answered it. Some guys were arguing for more and I sang the song of D-Marcha Band.
We joined the dinner and played cards till midnight and move out for night Hiking. Everyone was laughing and enjoying in times as Lava Dai was making everyone laugh with some nice topics and comedy things. Then, I felt asleep and go to bed to sleep. When I wake up the call in my cell, it was 9.30 AM. I joined team in the breakfast after getting fresh and sometimes later, I came back to Kathmandu. Overall it was so much fun in the team building party.
Ashish Bhujel recollects
July 23 Friday 2010.What’s about this date? Well happy thing was it was Friday and fun part was we were leaving office soon for Team Building Party form D2.
Venue set for building was Paradise Inn at Nagarkot. We were set to go our destination, starting form D2, passing through Bhaktapur and traveling through curvy road of Nagarkot. Finally around 5 pm we arrived at our venue and waited for other to arrive. All event started to happen at 7 pm, at first was snacks to re-charge our energy and then after refreshment game was started. Most waited event for older member was introduction of new member and where they have to have showed their talent .It was the most entertaining part about team building so far. But fun was just started, after introduction it was followed by Sudeep with his stand up comedy ,room was filled with Shilpa’s sweet voice singing, group dance and BINGO!!!!.
Next morning was filled with most adventure part of Team Building, Horse Riding and Hiking around Nagarkot in misty morning. All and all I was adventure and fun team building. And I like to say my thank to organizer for this wonderful event.
Gehendra Bhattarai recollects
The most eagerly awaited: D2 team building party. It was almost 4 but no one was getting ready put themselves out of their work. Finally, Binod dai spoke –‘Keta ho, it’s time to Nagarkot. Let’s move’, by that time, I had already punched out the time card and shut down my computer. The most fun part of the party was introducing new comer with their talent, where I being a new comer showed a dancing talent of Lava dai. Later I enjoyed by watching different talents of my colleagues, especially that of Sudeep dai, caricaturing different people. we also had a horse riding which was my life time achievement. Although it did not met my expectation but was really enjoyable and now I have something to say about this to my colleague and friends. We also had a short hiking over there while reaching to stable, which was fully supported by Nagarkot’s weather. I was amazed to see fog and rain at the same time on a summer season, which was truly enjoyable.
I would like to thank organizers who had made this event more than a party and offering me the opportunity to participate in it.
Khusboo Shah recollects
Well heard a lot about the D2QA team building but didn’t know what exactly it was. I was much excited about the event when I came to know we are having our team building party on Friday though the place planned was not new to me. But that day, situations made me as such I had to cancel the plan. Sad and depressed I thought I am going to miss my first TBP.  But with all effort I tried my best to handle the situation and finally I made it. I enjoyed the comfortable environment, songs, lively act of SudeepK, heart touching solo song of ShilpaG and yea of course the ragging session of new comers. I wanted to enjoy to the fullest but as I was running through the pain of migraine I was helpless and had to move to bed early.
The rain fell, soundless and gentle; the next morning veiling the dimming heather and almost blotting out the distant mountains while it in no way detracted from their beauty. The weather was lovely and I was lost in thought. Meanwhile, I remembered Badri had announced about the horse riding. With full curiosity, I along with my colleagues went to the horse riding spot regardless heavily beaten by rain. I was build with certain level of excitement and equal level of nervousness as horse riding is fun but nevertheless risky. I found it quite interesting and relaxing.
Overall, it was loads of fun as I got an opportunity to get familiar with D2QA faces. Millions of thanks to the organizers.
Nimesh Rijal recollects
Team Building tour to Nagarkot was my first one at D2 and a very good one. We left the office premises at 3 and took approximately 2 hours to reach the Resort(Paradise Inn),Never had guessed it was that good(Great location, Well Furnished Room and Terrific Atmosphere).Around 7 p.m. After everybody arrived, the party started. Everyone was having fun having snacks, cracking jokes. After snack time we played a fun game and then was the moment I was not waiting for: Newly hired had to show some talent, I was quite nervous about what I should do…But it went well in the end, though I had no idea of what I did.
Next day we went horse riding to a place which took 30 minutes from our Hotel. Not only was it a good horse riding experience but a good hike too. To summarize the whole tour I should say, “It was more than what I had expected”..
Praveen Manandhar recollects:
On 23rd of July 2010, Friday at about 4 pm we were ready to leave the office for our usual Team Building Party. I was in a combination of a bit excitement and a bit afraid about the Party since I had not experienced such any before. But I headed to the spot viz. Hotel Chautaari Paradise Inn, Nagarkot with the seniors Khagendra Dai, Lava Dai and Rajesh Dai. I heard a lot about it before we headed. I experienced very attractive scenes and scenarios in the way to the spot.
As soon as we reached the destination, we were greeted by the coordinator and given the schedule for the programs to be followed in the party. We enjoyed the party a lot. We had a program of dancing, singing, cracking jokes, playing games and playing caricatures till midnight. The night on that day we remain woken till 3am and then we remain slept till 9 am.
Early in the morning, I mean at 9:15 am we left the hotel for the Horse-riding and there too we enjoyed a lot with a bit frightened. I rode over the horse for the first time in my life.
Last but not least, I must thank the coordinators and the entire team members for such a wonderful experience.
In short, I had experienced many things in my life for the first time after having the Team Building Party organized by QA team of D2.
Sujendra Bhakta Pradhananga recollects
It would not be wrong, if I would to say that I felt really lucky getting an opportunity to go for the team building tour so early in D2, as early as within a week of joining D2.
Frankly speaking, I went to the team building with no expectation on my mind. But I had the gut feeling that it would somehow turn into fun and I wasn’t wrong at all. After reaching Hotel Chautari, Paradise Inn, the short guitar session by Ravi on the terrace was too good. However, the second van coming late was catching up on my tummy. 
During the team building events that were held (Musical Chair, Bingo), it was really nice to see that all employees and manager were enjoying as if they were friends. Everyone was cracking jokes with each other and having fun, even if I’m new at D2 I know that the working in D2 would be a great experience as all the people treat each other as friends rather than their colleagues.
All hail D2 ;)
Utsav Pokharel recollects
I was very excited that day. We leave office at 4 pm and around at 5pm, we were at our destination. Everyone looked excited and since it was my first time, every moment I feel very eager to know what is happening next. At first we enjoyed with fun game called musical ball, then after there was an introduction programs for new comers. All of new comers introduced themselves along with some of their talents. I really feel very good to introduce myself in the team and tried to sing a song on request of showing some of my talents.
Having a great food, playing bingo, and with funny jokes we all really enjoyed that night in Nagarkot.
Such events really help on bringing out the best in a team to ensure the self development, confidence, positive thoughts, leadership skills and ability to work in the team. Thanks to team organizer and team
Please click on the image to see its large version.

No comments: